Telemarketing fraud is one of the most common scams that the FBI investigates and tips to help prevent you from being victimized.
Now a day’s most of the companies that use the telephone for marketing, customers and business lose millions of dollars to telemarketing fraud each year. You can protect yourself by learning how to recognize the risk symbols of fraud. If you are a victim of telemarketing fraud, it’s important to report the scam quickly.
The following are some of the warning sign of telemarketing fraud
- You’ve won a free gift or prizes then you have to pay shipping and handling fees and high profit and no-risk investments.
- You don’t require any written information about their references.
- Requests for a credit card number for verify or identification purposes that you have won a prize or not.
Avoiding Telemarketing Fraud:
Once you have been cheated over the telephone, then it is very difficult to get money back.
- The first safety think is to ignore pleas and pitches of any person who calls you uninvited, including sales people and even companies with whom you previously do business.
- Before you make an investment or give money to a particular charity, you have to find out what percentage of the money is paid in commissions.
- Pay after they are delivered. And one more thing is before you pay money; ask yourself a simple question what guarantee for your money?
- If you have any information about a Telemarketing fraud, report it to near local or federal law enforcement agencies. And final thing is take your own time to take decision.